The Top 100: NFL’s Greatest Players Unveils Top 10 Thursday @ 9:00 PM ET Exclusively on NFL Network NFL Films President Steve Sabol hosts Special Recap Roundtable with Blue Ribbon Panelists Airs Immediately Final Episode at 10:00 PM ET
Complete List of Players Ranked #11-100 on NFL.com
News-Sports.net - Nov 02,2010 - After nine weeks, we are down to the Top 10.
The 10 greatest NFL players of all-time will be unveiled Thursday, November 4 at 9:00 PM ET on the final episode on NFL Network’s The Top 100: NFL’s Greatest Players.
The two key questions remaining are “Who are the Top 10?” and “Who is #1?” Following are some notes and quotes on the Top 10 players.
* “His speed, moves and hands, taken together were unprecedented and overwhelming. He was to pro football in the early years what Babe Ruth was to baseball.” – NFL Films president Steve Sabol on one of the Top 10 players
* The careers of the Top 10 players span every decade from the 1930s to the present. At least one of the players has been on the field in 64 of the past 75 seasons.
* “The most compelling force in each and every game he played. A man who expanded the horizons of his position.” – Steve Sabol
* The Top 10 includes seven offensive players and three from the defense. Quarterback is the most represented position in the Top 10 with three.
* “He was an irresistible force and an immovable object rolled into one mighty body.” – Steve Sabol
* Players in the Top 10 have won 15 league MVP awards, 13 Super Bowl rings and five Super Bowl MVP trophies.
* “He makes vivid the values we admire in the modern player – intelligence, dedication, talent and winning.” – Steve Sabol
Among the presenters in this week’s episode are Cleveland Browns president Mike Holmgren, Baltimore Ravens linebacker (and #18 on The Top 100 list) Ray Lewis, former head coach Bill Parcells, actor Burt Reynolds and two men who are in the top 10 themselves.
Immediately following the series finale of The Top 100: NFL’s Greatest Players, NFL Films President Steve Sabol hosts a one-hour special roundtable Thursday, November 4 at 10:00 PM ET featuring blue ribbon panelists Michael Lombardi (NFL Network analyst, former NFL front office executive), Ernie Accorsi (former Giants GM), Peter King (NBC analyst, Sports Illustrated senior writer) and Jarrett Bell (USA Today pro football writer) to dissect and analyze the entire countdown.
Produced by NFL Films, The Top 100: NFL’s Greatest Players, in 10 one-hour episodes, reveals the greatest players of all-time, counting down from 100 to 1. The player rankings were determined by a blue-ribbon panel of football minds including current and former NFL coaches, players and front office personnel, as well as noted NFL media members, Hall of Fame voters and league historians.
More than 250 players from the modern and pre-modern era, including current NFL players, were under consideration by the blue-ribbon panel for selection. The Top 100 will answer for the first time the question of who makes the list and where they rank.
The Top 100 members not only contributed to the lasting legacy of the game, but have also shaped the lives of football fans from a variety of backgrounds, age